Wednesday, 28 December 2011

The Spoils

I had a lovely lazy relaxing Christmas.
Husband cooked the turkey dinner (he likes doing it!) and all the various cousins, half brothers and in-laws called round to our house to say "Happy Christmas" and drink alcohol and swap gifts. This went on over the course of three days!
My best presents were comfy new slippers with birds on them...


And a bathroomful of fabulous goodies from L'Occitane...


And a giant slab of choc from my five year old...



Being aware of my reverence for the classics, my friend HH gave me this book about zombie attacks among the ladies of Longbourn. Elizabeth Bennet turns out to be a savage, remorseless killer who is easily able to best all Lady Catherine de Bourgh's highly-trained ninjas. It kept me sniggering childishly over Christmas!



I'd hinted among the family that I was in the mood for an Agatha Christie phase - so I was delighted to be presented with three new ones! Now that I've finished the zombie book, I'm going to curl up with lots of lovely new murders...

No comments:

Post a Comment