Thursday, 9 February 2012

Things I like...

I never wanted to be one of those women who collect things - especially china dolls in period costume or miniature country cottages.
Turns out I am, though.
There are some things I like so much that one simply isn't enough.

Eggs.
Marble eggs...papier mache eggs...chocolate eggs - any kind of eggs really.


Old jelly (or pate) moulds made of glass, pottery, brass or tin.
I don't use them because they are - frankly - unhygenic-looking, but I'm saving them for the day I own an enormous old-fashioned dresser in an enormous old-fashioned country house kitchen.  At the moment they're just a jumble, so I'll include a picture (below) of the kind of kitchen I mean. It's Audley End House, I think.
Yep - this is the kind of thing I meant.



Glass trinket boxes and scent bottles
 (and anything else that looks as if it might be found in a dusty old attic.)



Pastel tea cups and saucers
 - incase I ever need to host a Mad Hatter's Tea Party (although I do not - as yet - possess a mad hat.)


Soap (Mostly because people give it to me at Christmas...and it does smell nice)

Sea shells
I love anything that reminds me of our family holidays - every summer I decide I want to go and live in a fisherman's hut with sandy floorboards, driftwood on the fire and strings of shells instead of curtains.
(I snap out of it as soon as I'm back home, though.)


Words
 (My Word Count is somewhere between 48,000 and 49,000. I reached a tricky bit on Tuesday and did lots of baking instead (coffee and walnut cake and a sort of casserole with pork medallions). Then I went to see The Artist on Wednesday. I toyed with the idea of including a Peppy Miller-style beauty spot in my make up regime this morning. Then I came to my senses and remembered I am NEARLY forty! There's probably a very fine line between beauty spots and liver spots at my age!)

No comments:

Post a Comment