Thursday, 27 September 2012

Distractions...

It's been weird giving up the constant struggle to fit writing time into my day. I wonder what I did before...? Toddler and baby wrangling, I suppose.
At first, I kept opening my laptop and blinking at it, feeling a bit freaked by there being nothing inside it for me to dive into.
I should start a new story really, but waiting...waiting...and more waiting for feedback from agents makes it hard to settle to anything.
So, instead I have been repainting the dining room in Parma Gray...




And I've been doing endless autumn baking - cakes...pies...beef stews and chicken casseroles - mmm!
Marvel at my coffee and walnut cake - which I ate in my parma gray dining room, oh yes.



And I've completed my slightly-too-childish-and-icky dolls house project. Pastel walls, felt carpeting, tiny curtains - even paper roses climbing the outside walls. Please God somebody remind me I'm a grown-up!
Before...

After!

 
 Do you want to see inside? No?
Well, in that case, I'm going to have to insist...

Before - bit boring and slightly grubby...

After - ooh luxury!

 


Of course pastel paint and paper rosebuds are all very well, but it bothers me that there's still no bathroom. I feel like a slum landlord *sigh*

No wordcount obviously - maybe I'll have a go at some short stories or free writing of some kind. I don't want to forget how to do it!

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't sound as if you have been sitting around doing nothing! I love that colour it is so different and I could go a slice of the cake, although just got back from zumba class so probably shouldn't!

    ReplyDelete