Sunday, 16 December 2012

One Year Blogiversary!

My blog is one year old today.
And while it hasn't recorded my transformation into a published writer (always a bit of a long shot) it has become a sort of scrap-book and journal of my life - and I've become quite fond of it.
Happy Birthday Blog!


So here are some things I've been up to this week...

 
Wrapping presents, making gift tags and hanging things on the tree...

 
 


Sorting some of the postcards I bought on our holiday in Cornwall and remembering the all sunshine. These are Dave Shrigley cards from Tate St Ives and they now hang at the top of the stairs. Others I made into gift tags.


 
All the wistfulness for summertime prompted me to look into next year's holiday - so I booked an apartment in Fowey. See how posh it looks - much grander than our actual home...




Meanwhile - in the real world it continued c-c-cold. I photographed some early morning cobwebs...




 
 And I made my first ever lemon drizzle cake. Easy and delicious! Why have I not tried this before?

 
Ready for drizzling.... 
 
 
Drizzled - yum!
 
 
 
 
 
In other news, I've been researching arty ideas for next year's exciting new project - which is an art club I'm going to be running at the boys' school. This week, I mentioned the idea to the headmaster...and he said yes. Now I'm terrified! I'm not a teacher or an artist. I suspect I only suggested the idea because I assumed someone would say no.
I'm excited too, of course. Twenty-two children have already signed up and I've been busily collecting pens, paper, paintbrushes and (great big ambitious) ideas!
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! Hope you have a fun filled Christmas.

    That house in Fowey looks sensational!

    ReplyDelete