Thursday, 4 April 2013

Easter fiendishness



Every year my husband says, "Try not to make the clues for the boys' Easter egg hunt too tricky, OK?" And I reply, "OK, I definitely won't do that."

Then I remember the lameness of the Easter clues my own mother used to come up with.
"If you want some choc-o-LAT...
   Go and look under the door-MAT"
(Urk - they were a mixture of Yoda-speak and Fezzik-from-Princess-Bride-type-rhymes.)

That's when something strange comes over me...it's like a wave of fiendishness.
This Easter, I decided to do photo clues - but zoomed in close enough to make them tricky. I snapped lots of the boys' books and toys and familiar household objects from really close-up - bwahahaha!
Can you guess what any of these objects might be?


 

 

 
Anyway, the six-year-old was all over them! My fiendishness was not fiendish enough. He barely had to look at each picture before he was off and running for the next one - with his older brother and father shrugging their shoulders and trailing behind him. I've been worrying about six-year-old's reading level for the last few years (he can do it - but it's very hard work) which makes me wonder if he's taught himself to view the world in pictures and symbols rather than written labels or signs. Admittedly this is still a very half-baked kind of theory - but it was amazing to watch him go!
 
 
Here are some of the other things we've been up to during the Easter hols... 
 
OK, the beach at weston is officially the coldest place on earth, so I needed lots of layers and a hat with earflaps. But until I saw this photo, I had no idea I was walking around looking insane.

Six-year-old refuses to wear gloves - which meant that his golden horse-pole was too cold for him to actually hold on to. Which made this a pretty hair-raising ride for him!


Yep, that's right - no coats here! Because it was warmer in the frikkin ice-rink that it was outside!
 
 
Happy Easter!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I think making photo clues is a brilliant idea you'll just have to make them harder next year! We did a hunt round the garden on Easter Sunday for our kids and some friends (ages 17-19!) they never get fed up of free chocolate whatever their age! We stumped them a couple of times too. Mind you husband had buried one plastic egg in the veg patch.

    ReplyDelete