Thursday, 16 January 2014

Cool Blogging (part two)

Ok...so I've just spent...what?...two or maybe three hours restarting different browsers...enabling cookies...clearing my cache...disabling add-ons and extensions. In spite of the fact that I have no idea what any of that means...


Are we having fun yet?


No, we are not. It turns out that if Blogger is prepared to let me post photographs, I can happily delay my blogging for week after week. BUT from the very moment Blogger goes on the blink, all I want to do is post on here. And I want it with a sort of tooth-grindingly cussed, savage ferocity - even though not much has happened for me to blog about.


Ooh, look - it's raining outside! 


(do you see what I mean?)



'Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering "it will be happier"'  (A Tennyson)


Anyway, this is still kind of a test-blog, so I'm sticking with the cool blogging theme. Even if it works, I'm around eighty-six percent sure I'll never be able to find my way back to this page again *presses every 'SAVE' button on the internet*


The Boys are back at school and the husband has gone back to whatever it is that he does (I ought to know by now really...something to do with investments. Or finance. Or something. Nope, it's gone. I'll ask him again later and he can give me that look he saves especially for me. Well, me and unfinished DIY projects. And wasps. And frost on his car windscreen, you get the idea.)

The prospect of getting back to my writing again made me want to sing and dance, but I had to hide it from everyone else because they were all so gloomy about going back out into the world again. 'What a shame!' I said untruthfully. 'Yes, it's miserable, isn't it? I'm sad about it too.'
I WAS TOTALLY LYING!



'See how sad I am that you're all leaving me here to get on with my writing'
 (H Maslin)




In other news, we've also been to see Catching Fire, which I'd normally illustrate with a photo of Jennifer Lawrence, but not on the new cool blog, oh, no!

'Aim higher in case you fall short.' (S.Collins)

Also we've been ice-skating and proved - once again - that I am the only person in the entire world who actually enjoys this as a thing.



'Fly without wings; 
Dream with open eyes;
See in darkness'   (Dejan Stojanovic)





And finally, I asked the husband if he could contribute an arty quote of his own to the cool blog. 
He said, 'If the milk turns out to be sour, I ain't the kind of pussy to drink it.' 
He was still giggling as he left the room. So I think he's trying to be some sort of geezer-bloke, bless him. 
He told me it was from Reservoir Dogs, but Google says it's from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. So geezer-bloke fail, there.



Oh, for God's sake...



Although I've always hankered after this kind of cool sepia blog, it isn't really me and I'll try going back to colour photos next time - if Blogger lets me - for I have new cushions to show you!

2 comments:

  1. Disabling add ons and extensions? Erm is it something to do with nails, or hair maybe? I've always hankered after long flowing locks that I could swish over my shoulder in a dramatic, artistic way! Sadly my hair is so fine it ends up looking like a well used toilet brush if I grow it beyond chin length (so not a good look!). I never have a problem clearing cash hanging onto it is more tricky I find. As for cookies a nice peanut butter or choc chip would do fine, maybe after we've done a little browsing round the shops - shoes I think.

    I do hope you find your way back here, it is kinda cool and I would love to see your new cushions. One tip though, make sure you teach the family how to plump them properly. Despite numerous lessons it is a skill they find hard to master here!

    Enjoy the writing time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaah...too much wordplay for one comment...*groans and covers eyes*...too many puns...*unable to take any more...*

      (You're in an even sillier mood than I am today!)

      And there's to be no plumping here...if anyone touches my new cushions, they lose their hands.

      Delete