Sunday, 6 July 2014

Woohoo!

I've had some pretty exciting emails over the past year or so.
The first one that made my stomach do flick-flacks of excitement was from an agent (Rowan) and it said...

The Secrets of Darkmere
"I really like your writing and it would be great to read the entire manuscript. Can you email it to me as a word document?"

A later email that made me stop breathing for a bit also came from Rowan...

Chicken House Deal
"Congratulations on your new job title! I've now closed the deal with Chicken House..."

Another subject line that made me execute a sort of tearful triple jump, came from my new editor (Rachel)...

WE ARE SO HAPPY...
"To have finally acquired you and Darkmere. Really, really pleased!..."

Those are my favourites. But there was another one that I had been waiting for - and it arrived last week from Liane at Furniss Lawton...

Signature Advance
"The signature advance from Chicken house was paid across to you today. I've attached the remit for your records. P.S. Happy shoe shopping!"

Whoohoo! I can now show you what I've been up to over the last few days...

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo, shoe shopping (or any kind of shopping really!) have fun and don't forget the pictures x

    ReplyDelete