Friday, 31 July 2015

First Sightings!

This is so exciting...




There's my book on a table - no - right at the front of a table - in the Liverpool Waterstones. I'm next to Jandy Nelson! I've just finished reading that - it was brilliant! Blimey. And - look - there's E Lockhart too. She's one of my favourite authors - I have her autograph and everything. Thanks to the lovely Kate Ormand for the photographs.






















Over on the left - I'm face-out at Foyles. Thanks for the picture, lovely Sally B (who claims to have spotted me in WHSmiths too...)

And on the right, lovely Jazz Bartlett took this photo in Waterstones Bristol. Where I'm next to fellow Chicken Houser, James Dashner - yes - the one whose book is now a top movie!


I was also sent this photo by the wonderful Renée Holler at The Book House in Oxford Look - I've been made a Staff Choice. Thank you so much, Renée!


Oooh - update! Katey Lovell just let me know that Darkmere was face out in Sheffield Waterstones too. Hurrah- thanks, Katey!




Further update - another sighting in Waterstones Truro (above) and sharing a table with the mighty John Green in Waterstones Cambridge (below) Thank you lovely Michelle Toy for the photos.



OK - third update! Kate Ormand (author of Dark Days at the top left of the bookcase) has been in touch yet again and sent me a photo from Waterstones in Warrington - where we are 'Currently Trending' Woo-hoo!


Number four - and no sign of me tiring of adding updates to this post. I'm sharing the bookshelves in Kew Waterstones (below) with a couple of my favourite Chickens Housers - Emma Shevah and Kieran Fanning - all of us being published in three days time!!!!



And thank you to lovely indie bookshop Queen's Park Books for sending me this...



One of my (and my children's) favourite authors, Emma Carroll, just sent me the photo below - from the Waterstones in Exeter - she also bought a copy of Darkmere - yeep!


I also went into town to visit my own local Waterstones where I'M FINALLY ON THE TABLE...




Okay, this feels like my 200th update, but I have some signage - I'm being likened to Sarah J Maas and Melinda Salisbury in Bristol (Thanks again, Jazz)


And the best sign of all... 'Take a Walk on the Dark Side' in Edinburgh (Thanks, Lisa Drakeford)...



2 comments:

  1. Oh i can only imagine how thrilling this must be for you. Best I get your autograph soon before you become too famous to talk to us all LOL

    Gill @book_magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall keep my eyes peeled for sightings! Exciting times x

    ReplyDelete